Emirates Team New Zealand
37th America’s Cup : Barcelona To Host the event In 2024
mardi 29 mars 2022 –
Toutes les versions de cet article : [English] [français]
A mixture of history and modernity, Barcelona is one of the most iconic and attractive cities in the world and will become the first venue in the world to host both an Olympic Games and an America’s Cup America's Cup #AmericasCup event.
America’s Cup America's Cup #AmericasCup Defender Emirates Team New Zealand CEO Grant Dalton is delighted to announce Barcelona as the Host Venue after a long and competitive venue selection process. “Barcelona really is one of the most recognised cities in the world so to have the ability to host the most recognised sailing event in the world is hugely exciting. As Defender of the America’s Cup, we have always felt the responsibility to grow the event, the audience, and the sport of sailing on a global scale and certainly having the event hosted in a significant city such as Barcelona will allow us to propel the growth trajectory on the global sporting stage.
When thinking ahead to the 37th America’s Cup and the AC75 AC75 #AC75 ’s racing within a few hundred metres of the Barcelona beach, waterfront, and race village fan engagement zones it will be nothing less than spectacular.”
Barcelona is a leading city in terms of sustainability and social impact with ambitions to become Europe’s digital and tech capital, so the alignment with the America’s Cup is clear. Its existing world class facilities for racing, team bases, technical infrastructure, superyachts, and areas for the America’s Cup event village to host fans, hospitality, and media as well as an average wind range of 9-15 knots during the September and October race window, made the city completely fit for purpose.
Barcelona’s bid saw an unprecedented alliance across public and private entities working together to attract the America’s Cup to Barcelona which included the Government of Catalonia, Barcelona City Council, City Hall of Barcelona, Port of Barcelona, Barcelona Global’s investment agency and Barcelona & Partners, a non-profit initiative composed of more than 200 of the city’s leading institutions aiming to make Barcelona one of the world’s best cities for talent and economic activity.
Key dates :
- 17th November 2021 : AC37 Protocol and AC75 AC75 #AC75 Class Rule V2 Published.
- 1st December 2021 : Entries for Challengers Open.
- 31st March 2022 : Defender to announce Match Venue and approximate event dates.
- 17th June 2022 : New competitors may sail Version 1 AC75’s for 20 sailing days.
- 31st July 2022 : Entry Period Closes.
- 17th September 2022 : Competitors may sail an AC75 Yacht.
- 30th November 2022 : ACE to announce race schedule for the Match.
- 30th November 2022 : ACE to announce racing area for CSS and Match.
- 31st December 2022 : ACE to publish Brand Manual.
- 31st May 2023 : Final cut off for late Challenger entries.
- 30th June 2023 : ACE to publish Youth and Women’s AC Agreement.
- 30th June 2023 : COR/D to publish Match Conditions.
- 30th November 2023 : COR/D to publish CSS Conditions.
Dans la même rubrique
Land Speed Record : Emirates Team New Zealand to Attempt Wind Powered Land Speed World Record
New York Yacht Club American Magic : 37th America’s Cup : American Magic and the NYYC "hungry and highly motivated"
Emirates Team New Zealand : Grant Dalton : "It is our hope that we can make a seismic shift into hydrogen power"